Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Reporting: Production Supervisor – Deposition
Term: One year (with possibility of extension)
Remuneration: $42,100/annum + benefits
Date last modified: September 13, 2021
Iridian Spectral Technologies is a leading global supplier of optical filter solutions. Using state of the art physical vapour deposition (PVD) systems in Ottawa, Canada, Iridian delivers durable high performance filter optics for use in telecommunications and data centres, Raman and fluorescence spectroscopy, mid IR applications such as gas sensors, as well as astronomy and aerospace. Deposition technologists are responsible for the operations of Iridian’s proprietary deposition coaters including routine production preparation, preventive maintenance, and quality assurance. As a lean manufacturer, Iridian strives for continuous improvement through employee engagement and R&D activities.
Special Statement Regarding COVID-19
As a condition of employment, Iridian expects that each employee has received 2 valid COVID-19 vaccinations before entering the building for work. Daily screenings must be done prior to entering the building, and a mask must be worn while inside the building. There are spaces reserved for indoor breaks where your mask may be removed to eat and drink, or while working in your personal workspace.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and cleaning of substrates.
- Loading and unloading of PVD machines.
- Quality inspection of parts and equipment.
- Use of best practices for error free equipment setups.
- Cross-functional communication for quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- Maintenance activities on complex equipment.
- Troubleshooting as necessary.
- Follow safety procedures as set out in the Health and Safety policy and internal trainings.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Technologist diploma and/or BSc, BEng OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on abilities with complex mechanical and electronic systems.
- Familiarity with computers and software control.
- Ability to communicate within a team environment.
- Ability to follow a complex series of instructions.
- Controlled Goods Program (CGP) certification
Iridian endeavours to provide meaningful employment opportunities to job seekers. Working with teams of various skills levels and diverse backgrounds we maintain an exciting and friendly workplace, with flexible hours and paid sick and vacation time.
Type of Supervision Received
Task assignment and priorities are set by the Production Supervisor or Shiftleader. Yearly performance reviews and setting of annual performance goals is done together with the Production Supervisor.